As R and I are walking through the Christmas tree lot, R excitedly tells me how much he loves the smell of REAL Christmas trees and he can't wait to get one! He proceeds to tell me that they smell up the whole house, and every time you walk inside, you get a big whiff of it immediately! You see, R grew up in New Hampshire, and has had a REAL tree just about every year (up until the year we got married anyway). And I, on the other hand, grew up in southern Arizona, aka the desert, where cactus, (or cacti for plural), were just about the closest thing you could get to a "real tree" in the winter. I mean, honestly do they even sale REAL Christmas trees in southern Arizona?? Oh, and apparently, a REAL Christmas tree smells exactly like peppermint, according to my husband. He said, and I quote, "Babe, you're gonna LOVE having a real tree! It smells soooo good!! It smells just like peppermint!!" Wait, whaaaaat?! LOL I know I've never had a REAL live Christmas tree in my house before, but I'm pretty sure it smells more like pine or fir than it does peppermint! Haha!! Either way, we were both pretty stoked when we found the most perfect Fraser Fir that has now set up camp in the front room of our house. And just for the record, R was right, it does smell sooooo good! (Not quite like peppermint, but nonetheless, still very delightful!)
Here's Palmer in the driveway after happily transporting Mr. Fraser to his new home:

It was a little too tall for our ceilings, so R got to use his chainsaw and revamp a little:

See how tall it is?!

Me watering a tree for the first time! And for the record, I have NEVER kept a plant (or a fish for that matter) alive longer than a couple weeks, so wish me luck with an entire tree!

REAL live tree. Real live Tree Hugger :)

And apparently, I'm pretty naive when it comes to real live Christmas trees! R kept saying we needed to go buy a "tree stand" and I went along with it, not really knowing what it even looked like. So, we popped on over to the PX to get one, and R picks one out. I say, "Oh that's a tree stand?! We already have one of those! Your mom gave us one years ago but I didn't know what to do with it, so I've never even opened it!" Lol As far as I was concerned, the trees I always had came with their own stands! Haha Now, I know!

Well that's all for now folks! I'm still trying to get the perfect picture with the tree all lit up and decorated, but I'm waiting til we actually have presents under it :) Christmas really snuck up on us this year!
Love it! I'm so jealous of your beautiful tree!! I don't think we'll be getting one since we are leaving in a week anyway. :( Check the water everyday and you'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteThat tree is legit my friend! We're totally Faker McFakerson around here. But I love the real one. Had to laugh at the peppermint...uhhh yeah, not so sure about that one :) And think way way back to high school...for some reason these pictures of you with the tree made me think of photo class when I used you as my model to tell a picture story and it was about planting flowers and you tried but nothing worked and then you put miracle grow on your dirt and then next shot is a big old flower plant. Do you remember that?? If not, just ignore all that!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you have been so deprived all these years by not ever having experienced a "real" tree. We only ever got one real one, and that was the first year we were married. We went to Idaho, rented snowmobiles and cut it down ourselves. It was the most expensive Christmas tree we ever had, but we LOVE that memory, and it will be with us forever. Enjoy your tree. love you
ReplyDelete