Sunday, December 26, 2010

Confusion

Person 1: I'm confused. Were there nativity scenes set up before Jesus was born?

Person 2: Whaaaat????

Person 1: Well, if nativity scenes are supposed to represent Jesus' birth, than were there nativity scenes set up before he was born? Because I don't get it; What? They were just walking along...Mary had the baby...there was no crib for him...they saw a nativity scene set up, so they placed the baby in it??? Why was there a nativity set up if Jesus hadn't even been born yet???

Person 2: (Shocked) Are you serious?!?! They placed him in the barn, in the manger--the thing that the horses eat hay out of, to keep him warm. It wasn't a "nativity scene" until he was born and placed there. So now, nativity scenes are set up at Christmas time to represent Jesus' birth.

Person 1: Ohhhhhhhh.

Person 2: (Still in shock and now laughing hysterically).

*I can't reveal to you the actual names of Person 1 or Person 2, but please note, they are real people and this exact conversation took place between them, approximately 2 days before Christmas.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh W.O.W. Thank you so much for sharing this with the world! I needed a laugh today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing the names were withheld to protect the innocent.

    ReplyDelete