It's been a marathon of movie watching for these two crazy kids!
In the last 10 days, we have gone to the theater to watch these 7 movies:
The Fighter--not bad for a guy movie. I wouldn't watch it again, but it was enjoyable to watch once. R said it was good, but "for a movie titled The Fighter, they sure didn't know how to fight." (I personally, would disagree, but then again, what do I know about boxing?)
Harry Potter (actually, R went to this one alone. I really dislike HP, so he happily treated himself to a movie and popcorn one night while I was teaching yoga). And as usual, he gave it two thumbs up, however; he still thinks Harry needs to step up his game a bit more. (I couldn't tell ya one way or another. I have actually slept through 3 of the HP movies he has dragged me too, including the IMAX version of the last one we went to).
127 Hours--great movie! Let's just say that if 127 Hours had it's own Facebook page, I'd be a fan. The old fashion movie theater in downtown Fayetteville, The Cameo, was showing this, so we went and quite enjoyed it. Plus, it's based on a true story, which made it even better!
Allow me to preface the next two movie reviews with this little number:
There's an episode of The King of Queens (a show we both love and quote from often) in which Doug and Carrie need a new bed. While they are waiting for their new king size bed to get delivered, they borrow two twin size beds from their friend Deacon, and much to their surprise, they end up really liking their new set up.
Here, watch this. Just copy and paste this little guy into a new tab:
http://www.tbs.com/video/index/0,,104566%7C%7C,00.html
They decide to take this concept of "separating" into other aspects of their lives, like going to see different movies on date night, for example. R and I, every once in a while, will try this out and always think of Doug and Carrie when we do. For movies 4 and 5, we did exactly that. R went to see True Grit and I watched How Do You Know. Both started at the same time, and mine was just 6 minutes longer! It was meant to be! When we walked through and gave the guy our tickets, guy was surprised to see we were together, yet seeing different movies. R made a joke about it and the guy made a comment that we must have been together a long time because that would never happen to a new couple. We laughed about it and went our separate ways, literally.
Now, making full circle here.....
How Do You Know--Awful. I should have took the reviews into consideration before I watched this. Seriously, don't waste your money or time. I was hopeful that it would get better, but it never did. Let's just say it was better that R wasn't with me for this one, because he wouldn't have left a happy camper.
True Grit--R said it was worth watching in the theater, and then added, "I'm not usually a fan of Westerns, but this one was pretty good".
And the next day, we had to redeem ourselves (or I did anyway, from seeing that terrible How Do You Know crap) and went to watch Little Fockers--Soooo funny! Definitely some cheesy parts, but overall it was entertaining!
And just last night, we went to see Black Swan. Neither of us really knew what to expect, and we're still not quite sure what our thoughts are on the movie yet. It was intense. Great acting, but the plot was a little twisted. And to be fair, let's just say that it's rare for us to walk out of the theater without me turning to R and saying "I don't get it", and this movie was no exception. Thank goodness R can follow movies better than I can!
And for one more (random) little story:
We were watching an episode of Sex and the City (another favorite series) where Carrie and Samantha are in a yoga class. They were in Plow pose when the instructor cued them into Downward Facing Dog. I laughed and made a comment that that would never happen in a real yoga class and R looked at me and said, "That's basically how I feel every time I watch a movie with a gun scene!" I could finally relate! Haha! (I realize this is probably only slightly comical, and probably only to those of you who know anything about yoga (or R's sense of humor for that matter), but it still had us amused)!
Anyway, that's all for now folks! Thanks for reading :)
I just love the way you write! You always make me smile...always.
ReplyDeleteWe went to see True Grit for our anniversary. I really liked it.
ReplyDeletePlow to Downward Facing Dog....nice :)
ReplyDeleteThere was a yoga scene in Dexter and the instructor told everyone to "move free form" and "to move with the rhythm of the body." John turned to me and said, "Honey, I'm sorry but if I was in that class, I'd leave" just as Dexter was narrating, "This is the worst moment of my life."