Thursday, August 19, 2010

Confessions

-I throw spaghetti noodles against the wall to see when they're ready. Because they stick there when they're done. Then I put it back in the pan. I don't know why I do that. I guess I don't like waste.
-While we're on the subject, I also follow the infamous 5 second rule, except, I never count the seconds, so really it's more like the "Doesn't matter how many seconds rule". (Disclaimer: I usually only do this in my own house, but not when I have company over, I promise) : )
-I once picked up 2 hitch hikers in Richmond, VA. I was driving from Washington D.C. to Fayetteville, NC alone and wanted some company. Okay, that's not exactly how it went down, but I did give them a ride. R and my mom weren't too happy about it though.
Moving on...
-I sometimes wear socks twice in a row before I wash them. Disgusting, I know. But that's the price I'm willing to pay to not have to do laundry so often.
-R and I occasionally share the same toothbrush. Which I understand grosses some, okay--probably most, people out, but we don't mind it. I do sanitize it frequently though, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.
-If R and I are playing Phase 10 (or any other board game for that matter), and I'm losing by just a little, I may or may not cheat just enough to get me even. Then it's "fair game". I usually get caught though, which just makes it all the more challenging :)
-Me and R both like to watch "The Bachelor". (R may say otherwise, but don't let him fool you. I know the truth).
-I use Crest Whitening Strips to whiten my teeth.
-If I could change one thing about my body, it would be that I was completely hairless from the neck down.
-I sometimes pee in pools. What?! Sometimes it's just too much of a hassle to get out and dry off and then go. The toilet paper sticks to your wet bum and your suit is all sticky when you pull it back up. Plus, it's warm : )
-I eavesdrop on strangers when I get the chance.
-I like to people watch.

It would make me feel better if everyone who reads this please post a confession of their own in the comment box. For example: perhaps when you say your prayers at night you say something like this,
"Lord, if you can't make me skinny, then please, dear Lord, make my friends fat"?
Or what about this?
"Dear Lord, As I lay me down to sleep,
I pray thy Lord, my soul to keep.
But if I die before I wake,
I pray for all my toys to break.
So none of the other kids can use 'em.
Amen"
(Shel Silverstein wrote that btw).
Now, I'm not saying I do that, per se, but come on, give me something here!
I confessed. And now, my friend, it is your turn.



5 comments:

  1. Sam....we have so much in common. But I definitely couldn't handle wearing socks twice in a row....ever...

    My confession...I like my cats more than I like most humans. And I judge people who don't recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahha Sam this is great!!
    Ohh man, I'm guilty of so much of this list too! I cannot stannnd the way toilet paper sticks when you're wet from swimming so I usually just try to hold it until I give up and get out for good or, yes, pee in the pool... But I try to keep swimming a little so I dont create a big warm spot lol
    Annd I also do the whole wear-socks-twice thing! Now I don't feel so alone! I wear a lot of clothes twice, as part of a greener lifestyle, buttt I do feel kinda gross about the socks thing so I dont do it too often. But there are those days!...
    So to confess something new, my favorite thing about the cooler months is that I can get away with not shaving and just cover my stubble legs with pants. Sexy! But seriously, its such a hassle to shave sometimes :-/
    Ah! That was cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla I LOVE you. I've got a laundry one for ya. I keep my dirty clothes in a pile on the floor because I know in a few days I'll want to wear them again. And I can't go digging out of the hamper, because then they're offically dirty and that's gross. So, unless I've deemed it "officially" dirty, I couldn't tell you how many times I wear something before it's washed again (including socks). What a gross habit I have, worthy of a confession. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the FUNNIEST post I have read in a couple of days! Thanks for this!...even if it was a while ago..

    here is my confession...I carry air freshener in my purse at ALL time..in case...well I'm sure you can figure out why!
    and in case that one isn't good enough for you...
    I dislike laundry so much..I have laundry piled up that hasn't been washed in over a month! :( Yep, I'm embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummm.. Confessions..I totally cook in the nude- and I leave my shades open just a crack. My address is>.... haha! I have been sleeping on the floor of my guest room for over 6 months now even though we have 2 brand new beds in the house..I enjoy it more than sleeping in a bed. My husband thinks Im a total freak b/c of this. If my socks get just a tiny bit wet, i freak out and have to take them off immediately.I don't like swimming pools thank goodness- looks like everyone is peeing in them! HAHA..I hate chlorine and it makes me itch.

    ReplyDelete