I have always adored the way R can make me laugh at the simplest things, at the most unexpected times, or in the most mundane activities. He has such a quick witted and dry sense of humor that just gets me every time! Often times, he'll make one liner jokes to our waitress, or the cashier, or the random person that makes a comment to him in the gym and they just kind of look at him with a confused look on their face, not knowing how to respond because they can't tell if he is being serious or not...And then there I am, standing next to him, cracking up because I actually got his joke, (which is ironic because I'm usually the one who never gets anyone's jokes).
Anyway, I have been diligent about keeping notes on my phone of the conversations we have that result in some hearty chuckles. I understand that many of these are probably "you had to be there" moments, but since we were there, and we laughed, I thought I'd share...
Last night I was writing (a rough draft) on my blog and R was rushing me so we could go eat dinner. R says, "Come on honey, you're not Carrie Bradshaw! You don't write a column for a newspaper, it's just a blog!" I burst out laughing so hard! Go ahead! Ask my rough and tough Army Special Forces Weapons Expert of a husband how it is that he even knows who Carrie Bradshaw is! (And for those of you who don't actually know (shame on you), Carrie Bradshaw is the main character in the Sex and the City TV series, which is obviously one of our faves!)
Earlier today, R and I were on the ski lift, both with our headphones on and each jamming out to our own playlists. I start singing out loud to a Five Finger Death Punch song that comes on; R tries to out sing me and busts out in TLC's "Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls" lyrics! I almost fell off the lift I was laughing so hard! He claims he wasn't really listening to that song, but it still cracks me up that it was the first one that came to his mind!
We had this little conversation over dinner:
Me: You know, people must think you are so mean to me when I tell them all the "mean" stuff you say to me, even though I know you are joking and we say stuff like that to each other all the time". I'm sure they're like, "Omg! Her husband is so rude!"
R: Yeah, until they meet me, then they're like, "What a dream!"
Even he couldn't keep a straight face at that one! We both laughed so hard and water may or may not have shot out my nose. Just sayin'...
And last one for tonight, which also took place at dinner:
We stopped in for a quick bite at the little pizza joint across from our ski lodge. The waiter brought out our plates and set this bright multicolored plate in front of R. He gives me a dull red one with a little chip on the corner. I say, "Hey! Why is yours so much more colorful than mine?" Without hesitation, R responds with this little number, "I don't know, but it probably has something to do with the reflection of our personalities"! Several knee slaps later, out came the handy dandy little iPhone...
And the rest is history.
Stay tuned Ladyoga readers, 'cuz there's more where that came from...
The two of you are PERFECT for each other! Oh and I'm glad I don't have to wonder who the heck is Carrie Bradshaw anymore!
ReplyDeleteNope. You so did not have to be there. HILARIOUS.
ReplyDelete