Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mani Pedi

It's 9:07 on Saturday morning. I roll over to see R as he's climbing out of bed. He goes down stairs, lets the dogs out, and a few minutes later, he is back in bed telling me he's got to go to the gym. "Sweeeeet!!! Then I can go to yoga!!" were my exact thoughts. You see, I don't usually teach on Saturday mornings, so it's nice to go out and be a student for once. I ask R if he can wait 20-30 minutes so we can leave together. Here's how our conversation went:

Me: Wait for me. We'll leave together.
R: Why? Where are you going???
Me: Don't worry about it. I have a hot date.
R: What time? (LOL I love it that this was his response)!
Me: 10:00.
R: No seriously, what are you doing?
Me: I'm going to yoga!!!
R: Do you have to teach?
Me: No.
R: Okay, good. Then you really do have a date.
Me: What?
R: I got you a mani pedi.
Me: What? Where? When? (Why?)
R: It's at 10:00 at the Venetian.
Me: But....I wanted to go to....I mean....that's reallly nice....but...but.....what about.....yoga.....????
R: You can go to yoga tonight. You're getting a mani pedi at 10:00.
(It's really quite comical, by the way, to hear a man use the term "mani pedi" repeatedly in just a matter of minutes).
Me: Can we change it to 11:00 so I can go to yoga?
R: Nope.
(He grabs my foot and feels around).
R: You'll like it. It's an OMI pedi.
Me: What's an OMI pedi?
R: OMI. It's that nail polish that doesn't have any formaldehyde in it. (Speaking as if I were stupid for asking such a silly question!)
Me: You mean OPI?! LOL
R: Oh, yeah. It's supposed to be really good for exfoliating the feet and getting off calluses.
Me: I don't have any calluses!
R: Yeah you do Honey. I felt your feet. They're a little rough.
(In my defense, THEY ARE NOT!)
R says, "Women are supposed to be soft. You're getting a mani pedi. End of story".

Well okay then. That was that. No arguing on this one. He left for the gym and I left for my OMI pedi.
And If I must say so myself, it was quite enjoyable! Saturday morning yoga will have to wait another week. I know, it's a hard life I live, but someone's gotta do it!

Later on that evening, I thank R for my mani pedi and ask him why he did that for me. He said he really needed to go to the gym but felt bad leaving me alone on a Saturday morning, so he wanted me to have something enjoyable to do too. Awww! So sweet! It's kinda like when mom wants some alone time so she plops her kid down in front of the TV. The mom is happy, the kid is happy! And we all know, that when momma's happy, everybody's happy! :) Haha!

I Love you R! You are a wonderful husband!!! Thank you for my mani pedi. And thank you for calling it "mani pedi" so many times. That totally made my day! Next time, I won't fight it. And thanks to you, (and Melissa at the Venetian), my feet are much softer now! :) You're the BEST!!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You remember our conversation yesterday about thoughtfulness? You two are the perfect reflection of each other. What a sweet hubby you have and you deserve every bit of that sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ADORABLE!!! Ryan should hang out with Mitch sometime, maybe Ryan will rub off on him :)

    ReplyDelete