Oh, how things have changed! First and foremost, my dear sweet R, as he likes to put it, has left "to do good things to bad people". I personally, would say it in a different way, perhaps something along the lines of "fighting for our freedom" or a particular word that rhymes with "enjoyment" but is actually quite the opposite. Call it what you will, the bottom line is that things around my house have changed quite a bit in the last month. I find that I cannot fall asleep before midnight, the house is a lot cleaner (or rather, there is just less mess to clean) when you live alone, ramen and cheese and crackers are actually considered "meals" now, and weekends just aren't as much fun anymore. I realize that I talk to myself out loud (more often) and I have to actually take notes of the things I want to tell R when he calls. I carry my phone around everywhere I go, literally. I take it with me in the bathroom, I hold it in my hand when I'm vacuuming, and I have it with me when I'm walking to the mailbox as to avoid missing a much anticipated phone call. I check my email multiple times a day and I am constantly thinking of fun, unique and useful items to put in a care package for him.
What does any of this have to do with you? Well, if you haven't noticed, the majority of the (funny) things I like to write about usually involve R, and when R isn't here, life just isn't as entertaining.
With that being said, I was looking through my iPhone photos and realized two very distinct things:
1) My iPhone has over 1300 photos on it! Holy cow!!
and 2) I take a LOT of photos of my dogs. haha
I came across several (note: when I say "several", what I really mean is several hundred) photos of the "dog children" (as my friend Sam calls them) sleeping and I couldn't help but share them. They made me smile and maybe they'll do the same for you :)














And along came Venus...


































Okay, I realize now that I am officially crazy, but no need to worry. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?! :)
Oh honey. So sorry about the current state you're living in. Not fun at all. But man those pictures were awesome! They come up with some interesting positions to sleep in...some more comfortable than others :) Wish you well for the next...however long it is. Love to you my friend!
ReplyDeleteYou're not crazy, its those people with like 20 cats that are crazy! haha! Call me, we need to get together with Anica and scrapbook!!
ReplyDeleteIf I didn't know better I'd think you posed those two sleeping together, I laughed out loud at V falling off the sofa in her sleep. It looks like they are best friends. even spoon together. :) We love you! XOXO
ReplyDeleteI feel ya on so many levels...not going to bed before midnight with the mate out of pocket, eating things like cheesecake and turkey bacon for a meal (this may or may not have actually been a meal of mine) and the 1300+ pics on the iPhone with several hundred being animal pictures. That said, you are so strong and fabulous. When J's eyebrows start to grow out, we'll bring dinner over and you can fix his eyebrows again. I will frame it as a favor to you, because you need support, right!! LOVE the dog pics. My fave(s) are: Venus sleeping and falling off the couch, the nose to nose sleeping pic, Levitty sleeping under the cammo pillow and Levitty sleeping on the bed looking particularly guilty. Stay strong my dear friend. Sending encouragement, love and support your way.
ReplyDelete