Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Movie Rental

A "text-versation" between R and I, allow me to preface it with this little number:

We had just picked up a pizza from Papa John's, actually R did, I basically just went along for the ride and stayed in the car the whole time. He sees Blockbuster in the next parking lot over and decides to make an impulse stop before heading home. As R is jumping out of the car, I holler out for him to call or text me before making any final movie rental decisions (much to my dismay, I was forced to stay in the car due to my "no bra" situation).

A few minutes later, I receive a text from him asking if I wanted to see Secretariat. The conversation is as follows:


Haha! Apparently, that didn't do the trick! Not that I don't love a good "heart warming" flick, but a comedy is what this chick was really in the mood for. We (and when I say "we", I mean "he") settled on Easy A and yep, you guessed it, Secretariat. What can I say? The man I married is a sucker for sweetness. And I wouldn't have it any other way :)

I love weekday date nights with my honey, even if it is his choice of movie :)))

2 comments:

  1. this is soo funny!! Dave and i recently went through similar banter while adding movies to the netflix, and he says "ok add anything you want but i'm adding in an extra one as a surprise for you, and you're gonna love it!" guess what it was? yep, secretariat! i appreciated the thought, but it definitely did not seem the kind of movie i ever would have picked up. well we watched it (and its a pretty neat story even if a little predictably cheesy as a movie!) and i think my favorite part was how much dave loved it :) so cheers to suckers for sweetness! they really are the best kinds of husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, come on...Secretariat was a good one. Well, honestly I thought there were some awkward acting moments by the main character, but overall...so good. You have such a sweet husband :)

    ReplyDelete