Saturday, January 15, 2011

Massage

Fact: R is out of town circa the west coast paying respects to his Uncle Sam.
Fact: I wish I were there with him instead of this lonely place we now call "home".
Fact: R got off work a little early last night and decided a massage would do his body good, but only after he treated himself to a fancy steak dinner, of course.

Side note: R LIVES for massages. And I ain't talkin' 'bout no ordinary Swedish massage either. He wants a deep tissue or nothin' at all. (That's what you call high maintenance, by the way). And FYI, I can never satisfy this need, as my hands tire after only a few short minutes of digging my thumbs into his back. Let's face it: I complain after about 30 seconds, he threatens to use a Freebie and make me go for 20 minutes (minimum), I go for another 45 seconds, give up and off he goes for a "real" massage at The Spa (where I happen to teach yoga and therefore get a pretty generous discount). He's happy. I'm happy. And that's that.

Moving on...
So, I get a call from my boo last night, who had just gotten out of his TWO hour massage, (told ya he was high maintenance) for him to tell me (with unnecessary excitement): "Guess what Honey?! The girl was shorter than YOU!!"

LOL! He couldn't see the expression on my face (probably 'cause I'm too short and he'd have to bend down to see me clearly) but I can assure you, all those little wrinkles on my forehead were shamelessly exposed due to the confused look on my face. What?! Like 5'4" is so short?! I beg to differ...

Then he says, matter of factly: "She was 4'10"! Can you believe it?!"

Hahahaha! Well, give me a second to let the "she's shorter than me" part sink in and then I'll get back to ya...

And by the way, I'm still waiting to hear how the conversation went when he asked her about her height in the first place. I'm imagining something along these lines:

R: So, umm, what's the weather like down there?
Short Girl: Huh?
R: So, umm, how short are you, exactly?
Short Girl: 4'10".
R: Man! And I thought my wife was short!!

1 comment:

  1. 5' 4" is sooo not short. I mean for a girl I'd say it's just about right, but maybe that's because I'm the same height? Dusty and I got a couples massage after he got home from Ranger School and we both decided we'd probably never do that again. Was it just a bad massage? We may never know. Plus I think Dusty just about had a heart attack when he heard how much it cost...and we didn't even go to an expensive place.

    LOOOOOVED your comment about yoga! Seriously, thank you. Don't worry, there are still about a million more questions I have, but that satisfied me for a while. I'd really love to love yoga (in Dusty's dream world we do yoga together on a daily basis), but I just feel like I stink at it!

    ReplyDelete